Here are some yummy Tricolor Foods for a Indian themed Party!Saare Jahan Se Accha' at our Annual Cultural festival, all the proud parents had a India themed party with Tricolor Foods. It was a great party. Here is our menu.
The table ware - table cloth, plates, bowls, spoons, napkins everything was in the three colors of the India Flag - Saffron (Orange), white and green.
Cheetos, lays chips and spinach chips
Fanta(orange), Sprite zero and Sprite (labels removed)
- Tomato Chutney, Coconut Chutney and Mint Chutney.
- Orange, white and green Idlis which were cooked by adding food color to the batter. If you are like me and want to avoid food color, then add pureed carrots and blanched and pureed spinach, but be advised the colors will not be very bright as you can see with my rainbow idlis. Also I have read about adding chutney powders to give color and flavor to idlis!
- Baby carrots, cucumber and broccoli.
- Butter Paneer, Raitha and Dal Palak
- Pasta with baby tomato, cheese and spinach.
- Orange (looks yellow), white and green pooris. Again can choose food color or add pureed vegetable while mixing the dough. I do make spinach and have tried beets too, but not sure if carrots will work to make orange poori.
There was orange(missing in pic below), white and green rice cooked by adding food color. But, I would prefer and suggest a tomato rice, jeera rice and spinach or mint rice instead.
Tricolor cupcakes from Publix
India Flag cookies that I baked and decorated.
India Flag fruit pizza - recipe and step by step photo in my previous post.
Visit my Indian Independence Idea round up post which has many links to food ideas shared by Mahanandi and Pooja. You can read and get more ideas of Tricolor Food for an Indian Themed Party
|Follow us via our Facebook page to receive updates on all the fun ideas we share! You can also follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, or subscribe via RSS.|